Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

setting general delivery mailbox #10 to attendant extension 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbon851

IS-IT--Management
Aug 5, 2003
US
Re: Nortel Norstar Compact ICS, Flash 2.0

I'm trying to set up the general_delivery mailbox #10 for the attendants station 21. I don't want the attendant to answer the phone. The phone is answered by other extensions in the company.

The attendant answer is set to NO.

I want all calls sent to extension 21 to go to mailbox #10, if there is no one to pick up the extension.

The way this is done on our system is to have ext.#21 "forward on busy to 35" and "forward no answer" to 35.

The problem I run into is when I set ext.#21 to "forward on busy to 35" and "forward no answer" to 35.
All incoming calls go into the general_delivery mailbox #10 on the first ring.

If I set "forward on busy to none" and "forward no answer" to none. Phones ring until picked up, but the ext.#21 does not have a mailbox for messages.

What am I doing wrong? Any ideas?

I would suggest that you just set the fwd on busy to 35 and then go into voicemail admin Feature 9 8 3 change mailbox 10 to have ext 21 then calls that come in will only forward to voicemail (DN35) after the set number of rings and go to the mailbox associated with ext 21. note the call fwd busy must be a lower number of rings than other telephones that also ring ie if ext 22 fwds on busy to vm on 4 rings ext 21 should foward on 3 rings, you probably do not want any extension that ring on yhour main lines to fwd on busy to vm.

JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Jerry maybe I read that wrong but dont you mean forward no ans? and set forward no ans to 3

Yep it's called mental dyslexia

I would suggest that you just set the fwd No Answer to 35 and then go into voicemail admin Feature 9 8 3 change mailbox 10 to have ext 21 then calls that come in will only forward to voicemail (DN35) after the set number of rings and go to the mailbox associated with ext 21. note the call fwd No Answer must be a lower number of rings than other telephones that also ring ie if ext 22 fwds on No Answer to vm on 4 rings ext 21 should foward on 3 rings, you probably do not want any extension that ring on yhour main lines to fwd on busy to vm.

JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Happens to us all :)

Just didn't want gbon851 pulling his hair out wonder why it didn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back