Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting for Text Displayed on the Screen 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueknigh7

Technical User
Oct 19, 2009
US
I've taken over an IP Office system, and for the life of me can't find where this setting is stored. It seems to be user based as it follows when I "copy" a user profile and then login to a new phone. It's active on both our 9608G and 9611 phones (I don't have other models).

I'm trying to find out where you would create a third line (from the top) of text.
The top line which shows missed calls, your extension, and the date and time.
The second line shows the name of the user.
The third line seems to some custom text that the previous admin put in "Hi, What broke?" It shows up on the user's phone, but also when calling other internal extensions. How do I remove this?

I've gone through the entire user setting via the IP Office Manager, but couldn't find anything. Am I missing something somewhere? Thanks in advance.

Name" is the internal name of the User. It is used for DSS keys, user name for One-X, the account name for voicemail

"Full Name" is what displays on the phone and is used for Dial by Name in the Auto Attendant. Find the user in question and look at the Full Name entry

It is a message which can be set with PhoneManager Pro or One-X Portal or SoftConsole or Equinox.
You can create a shortcode to remove the text, i cannot remeber it, search the forum for "absent message

intrigrant is correct. It's absent message text, and it's a major pain to administer/remove it. I messed around with it years ago when I ran into a similar issue for a customer. Then I promptly never touched it again once I had the resolution needed.

Look for Set Absent Text in Manager - Help

This seems to turn it on or off rather than delete

Thanks All - it was indeed the absent message.

I ended up temporarily using a program button to enable/disable the button via action. There was some documentation regarding a shortcode, but that code isn't valid in our system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back