Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting Defaults in a Range-Value Parameter 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpngo

Technical User
Jun 18, 2001
US
I'm using Crystal XI. I've set up a numeric range-value parameter that will be used to select a range of ages. When the customer executes the report, I would like the low end to show a default number of 0 and the high end 999. Is there a way to do this? Clicking on the 'Default Value' in the Value Options section of the parameter only allows you to enter one number. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hello,

You can only enter one default value so if you wanted to enter a default value for both you would have to create 2 parameters, one for the range from and one for the range to and then enter default values for each.

Hope this helps

Annette

What I like to do in this type of situation is to make the age range parameter optional with no default value entered. Then, in the record selection formula, code somthing like this:

Code:
(not hasvalue({?YourAgeRangeParameter}) or {YourAgeValue} = {?YourAgeRangeParameter})

If the user enters any ages in the parameter, the report will select those records that match. On the other hand, if the user does not enter any ages, the record selection formula will return all ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back