Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting color coding of keywords in Win 2000 XP...

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnfdutcher

Programmer
Dec 16, 2003
US
My company just swapped my Win 95 PC for a Dell Optiplex
GX270 with Win 2000 XP. I re-installed Fujitsu Cobol 3.0
from the same CD I have used multiple times the past year.

No amount of 'playing' with the 'Display Format' options
off the menu bar will cause keyword coloring to occur.
I've set 'match case' on and off, 'relative' and 'absolute' on and off, 'current window' and 'all windows' on and off
etc. The coding worked and was case insensitive on Win 95. The 'Help' mentions something about a 'keyword' file, which, if not present, would render any coloring selection ineffective. I never had any encounter with such a file before that I'm aware of....does anyone know what is being referred to ???
Thanks, John

John,

Here is what the Fujitsu Support Website has to say about Version 3 and Windows XP:

Fujitsu COBOL V3, V4 and Windows 2000 / Windows XP
Fujitsu COBOL V3 and V4 will not install on the Microsoft Windows 2000 and Windows XP operating systems. If you attempt to do this you will receive the following message:

"NT Service Pack 3 must be installed before Fujitsu can be installed"

Your best course of action is to read the Windows 2000 and Windows XP Application Compatibility Tips which should provide a solution.

I would recommend going to their website to browse the notes there for Windows XP and Version 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back