Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting Call Forwarding Remotely

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakatz

IS-IT--Management
Feb 11, 2005
US
On an Option 11c . . .

Is anyone aware of any way that a user can call into the their phone (I guess via voicemail), and be able to remotely set their DID to call forward to either another DID or to their cell phones (yes, these users do have the ability to forward externally - CLS CFXA).

I know there are "remote maintenance features" (CLS MTA) available, but not sure if they apply to individual sets or the PBX in general. And in general, because it can be a security issue, very few of our set have the MTA option available.

you can use the RCFA & RCFD feature set, but you would need a DISA line to access

OK . . . so that leaves me with another question.

How does DISA actually work? And aside from giving the ability to set call forwarding remotely on their sets, what other options are available?

And I guess lastly . . . Am I correct in assuming that DISA differs from MTA in that DISA is only specific to the set, where MTA is specific to the progamming of the PBX?

DISA, (Direct Inward Subscriber Access), is where you assign a line, such as a ddi number to the DISA feature in LD24. Incoming callers receive dial tone, and appear to the system as an extn, which means you can use the remote call forward activation/deactivation feature as you would from any other internal extn.
You can guard DISA by various means such as AUTH codes, NCOS cls toll barring etc, but most countries view DISA as a serious security hole. If you live in New Zealand, like I do, it would cost you more to dial my country than it's worth your while & the local Hobbits haven't discovered the pleasures of hacking yet.
I don't know of another way of accessing RCFA/RCFD externally than DISA

jakatz... is it an option to set up RCFA and have the user call some else in the office to forward their phone for them?

RCFA and SCPW would give the person in the office to forward anothers set, using their personal phone???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back