Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting a internal time server?? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tipifire

Technical User
Jan 8, 2001
US
I don't want the time to go to the internet i
would like it to set it to the server itself that all the computers align to or to a workstation. Is this possible? or How safe is it to have a internal time server???

The perfection we strive for should be our acceptance of imperfection and to gain answers to our problems, we should always add the unknown as one possibility

NET TIME /SETSNTP:<servername or IP> then run NET TIME /SET to verify you are looking to the time server. You can then configure this option within your DHCP scope to push out to the clients...

Thanks,

Matt Wray

GFH

I understand this part but not fully. Does the server already send a time at port 132? Or is there setup for this?

The perfection we strive for should be our acceptance of imperfection and to gain answers to our problems, we should always add the unknown as one possibility

ok I see, i also configured the dhcp. thankyou....
But it gets me interested that the server was doing this all the broadcasting al of the time???

I don't think it tries to be the Time Server until you designate it as the Authoritative Time Server for your Domain...

Thanks,

Matt Wray

GFH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back