Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting a disk quota 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bidon15

MIS
Sep 20, 2003
US
Hi,
My company is running out the disk space on the file sharing server. Right now the disk drive is compressing. I would like to turn on the disk quota on window 2003. I have read the MS knowledge base and notice that the disk quota works only volume base and folder owner ship level. Unfortunately i have a server and have one big NTFS drive and all user folder were created by adminstrator. I do not want to change the owner ship of each file and folder of all users.
1 What is appropriate action that i need to do here?
2 Perhaps, any suggession on third party tool?
3 How do i set the quota on each user level?
Thank you in advance!

3rd party will do much better, search disk quota in google

user folders made by admin, but maybe not the files themselves.....

you choose to activate quotas, then you click on the quota entries button and have an interface to define quotas for all users....

Aftertaf
________
Regain control of your PC, at

Thank you very for your response. I do really appreciate your time to reply this. I will check out the veritas product. I did know that they do have one.

I am trying to eval couple third party product to see which one is the best for me.

Thanks

HI Harleygod,
Thanks again. I did NOT know that Veritas does has a quota product. I will give it a shot. Are you using it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back