Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SetTimer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tereus

Programmer
Sep 10, 2003
GR
I have MDI Child window. After using SetTimer function
it works only if the window is minimized.
What can be wrong here?

Vladimir

how do you recongize what it works only while window is minimized?

Ion Filipski
1c.bmp

It is clear in debug mode (putting break points) as well as in real work if I add Beep function in WM_TIMER event

Vladimir

which OS are you using and which programming enviromnent?

Ion Filipski
1c.bmp

I don't know why is so, but to avoid this situation do not assotiate timer to a window. Create a separate timer proc and provide a null HWND to SetTimer.

Ion Filipski
1c.bmp

I do not know as well. I tried to do so but had the same picture - it was working when MDI window was minimized. Voodoo.

Vladimir

Are you maybe doing loads of stuff, consuming loads of resources, in the window and, therefore, not giving any chance to have the WM_TIMER (which are of extremely low priority) messages processed?

Greetings,
Rick

No. But definitly I did something wrong (but what?).
By the way one more problem has taken place that is when I initiate arising of MessageBox then it does not appear, (it is invisible actually), but appears only if I push Alt button. I had no similar problems while using SDI.

Vladimir

Try to see what happens if you run your application on other computer.

Ion Filipski
1c.bmp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back