Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sets dropping from Legend 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTVilla

IS-IT--Management
May 31, 2002
IL
Legend 5.1, 3cabinets, sets continually falling asleep. It is random, never on the same card.

Has anyone ever seen this before?

Should I upgrade the Power supply?

Should I upgrade the processor?

are they MLX or Merlin analog sets...there is a membrane issue with the older MLX sets..did this just start?

They are mlx sets and the problem started about 9 months ago.

If you unplug the set and plug it back in, it's OK right?
I had the same thing and replaced the power supply.

I also had same issue, we changed the wiring from 2 pair to 4 and resolved issue, found it in old manuals.

I have found it does not clear the problem, but if I put a working set in that location the phone works. Sometimes I will plug in the non working set and it will work about half the time.

If these are MLX sets, the most likely cause is the membrain in the set. Their easy to change out and should fix the problem. look at Refurbsupplies.com.

This is quiet commom, sets works for a while the goes too sleep. Un-plug the set for a while, plug it back in and it works.

Changed out one today.

Yes, there was a problem of "SLEEPING SETS".

There were several things Bell Labs did to fix them, one was an upgrade to the Processor that would try to "wake the set up".

But the real cause seemed to be a problem with the FLEX BOARD in the set, and the later design (and after market as well) seemed to take care of it.

As a side note to this, the MLX-10DP sets do not have the flakey keypad membranes. Also, the later revisions of the regular MLX-10 and 10D did not have them. If you are buying refurbished phones, always buy DP sets or buy them from a reputable refurb house that replaces the membrane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back