Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Set voicemail greeting back to system greeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfcrescenzo

Technical User
Apr 18, 2011
US
Hello,
I think I have an easy question, but cannot find the answer.
We have a user that set his name during the first setup of his voicemail. He is no longer here, but we want to keep his mailbox up still. Is there a way to set it back to the default where it just says the user's extension number?
Thanks

open the VmPro client - go to User Mailboxes and right click on the User then you will see :)
but that will also erase the name greeting

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

yep, everything else is way too painful

embedded way: change the user name :)

Joe W.

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"

Thanks guys.
Yep it is voicemail pro.
Yeah changing the name won't work, because I believe that also deletes the user folder that has the old voicemails in it.

The options I see are to disable the user, which does work, however with doing this we are unable to access the mailbox by calling voicemail.
Did I miss anything?

You might have a release that is too old, browse instead to the folder
C:\Program Files (x86)\Avaya\IP Office\Voicemail Pro\VM\Greetings\<UserName_1.wav>

delete the greetings with the name_number.wav and it will automatically use the system greeting

or browse to
C:\Program Files (x86)\Avaya\IP Office\Voicemail Pro\VM\Accounts\<UserName>\Intuity.txt and adjust the greetings in that text file manually
but the first one is better.

Joe W.

Hi,
This user does not have a C:\Program Files (x86)\Avaya\IP Office\Voicemail Pro\VM\Greetings\<UserName_1.wav> file. I did delete the personal greeting, so that is probably where this would come from, however it is still using the system greeting, which is when it asks to record your name on first login.
I did look into the Intuity.txt file, however everything is set to 0, just as a new user is that has not set anything up.
Our Voicemail pro system is 8.1.2004.0

on voicemail pro, under users highlight name then right mouse over it and hit clear mailbox as west suggested earlier

another way to get rid of the name assuming it's in Intuity mode, log into mail box then hit 5 followed by 5 again this will allow you to rerecord over the name.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Avaya\IP Office\Voicemail Pro\VM\Names\<UserName.wav>
this is where the name recording is stored so you can also browse there and delete it from there but it will force you to re-record the name when you try and retrieve the messages (except via visual voice)

But smokinjoe2938's suggestion to just re-record the name right away is probably the best way to go

Joe W.

Removing the name from the Names folder does the trick thanks guys.

Would clear mailbox from right clicking the user in VM Pro delete the messages?

yes it would CLEAR everything (messages, name, greetings) except the password as that is kept in the IPO

Joe W.

so going forward if you have to do this again, 1st recover the messages then clear the mailbox in voicemail pro client, quickest way to do it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back