Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Set up my email confirmation within a backupexec

Status
Not open for further replies.

sysbeh123

IS-IT--Management
Jan 21, 2002
NL
Hi all,

I have the following problem:
SITREP:
OS W2K SP2 ‘+ Active Directory + Exchange server
Veritas Backup Exec 8.0
Compaq 12/24GB DAT DRV 4mm

I like to set up my email confirmation within a backupexec schedule
Outlook on this server is working ok
What do I fill in the profile, password and address?
Now I’ll get error “The mailboxname or password is invalid”

Thanks in advance, Ruud

I think you need to point BackupExec to send e-mail via your SMTP server, then this will route back to your exchange server.

hope this helps....

Jon. :)
----------------------------------------
To be is to do (Sartre)
To do is to be (Casmus)
Do be do be do (Sinatra)
----------------------------------------

If you need to setup the e-mail confirmation click on e-mail setup with in the schedule. If you are using Exchange I believe the correct profile should be MS EXCHANGE SETTINGS
password should be the Backup Exec password. After this is accepted you can choose your address list for recipients.
Hope this helps.

You need to have Outlook installed on the server Backup Exec is running on.
You need to have an Outlook profile name if you want to use your Exchange as the mailserver or you need to setup the Exchange to do the SMTP mail. You can create a new special Outlook profile for the Backup Exec mail notification if you want to.
You can use the Backup Exec username/password for the email notif. setup as said erlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back