Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Set up coverage for extension to number outside switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

andime

Technical User
Jun 6, 2001
US
i was able to "forward", create remote coverage path for an extension within a definity switch to an outside number. BUT---it only works if dialing the 4-digit extension number, but not if someone dials the number from outside.

the purpose of this is so that someone can retain their phone number when they have moved to a different location. i want it to be transparent to the caller.

i have no idea how to make this work. Any ideas? thanks!

What about Outside Call parameters in change coverage path form?
What about trunk-to-trunk transfer in system-parameters features?
How you make dialing from remote location (vector, remote access,DID...) becouse it may be calling party restricted ( by COR for example)?

We make use of a technique to forward calls offsite to a specific number (pager, cell phone, home office). The user would obtain management approval and provide us with the specific number.
We identify an extension (not a DID) to be used. This extension will take a caller to the offsite number. The user can forward their phone to the extension to get calls to go to their offsite number.
DISP AAR Analysis 1 (presuming that the 100s haven't been all used). Note the last 3 digit number used. For this, let's assume 106 was the last number used. Press CANCEL.
CHAnge AAR A 107. Move the cursor to the next available blank line and complete the fields as the other lines have been done, with the exception of the Route Pattern column; use the same number as the AAR analysis line you're using, in this case, 107. When you're done, press ENTER.
CHAnge ROUte pattern 107. Enter 1 as the group number and the FRL number and enter 7 under "No Del Digits". Under the "Inserted Digits" heading, enter the offsite telephone number. Don't include "9" to get outside dial tone, but do include the leading "1" if it's long distance. Don't forget the area code if it's needed. Press ENTER.
CHA UDP (uniform dialing plan) extn. The screen display will place the cursor at the line for the extn you indicated in the command line. Type aar, press TAB once and then enter the 3 digit number you've been using. In our example, it has been 107.
This has been our method and so far, it's worked very well. Good luck!
Doug Frith
Accord Communications

I would set up a coverage path to point to a vdn point the vdn to a vector and point the vector to the number it uses alot of resources but it works.

Jose

I would set up a coverage path to point to a coverage remote.
step 1.
change coverage path X ( X - number of cov.path )
set up point 1 r"x" ( x - number of string. 1 - 999 )
step 2.
change coverage remote
Enter destination number on assigned string x
That all..

I think you need trunk to trunk transfer turned on to do this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back