Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Set up attendant to go to another PBX UDP

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsnww

Technical User
Mar 11, 2004
US
Quick question, hopefully one of you guys have a quick answer.

Our main building has a front desk attendant. When users pick up the phone and dial zero, it rings him.

Now users in another building want to do the same thing, pick up the phone, press zero, and reach the attendant in our building.

Is it as easy as setting up "add attendant 1" and putting in the UDP extension?

Could you set up in the second pbx that if someone presses 0 then it dial the extension of Attd in the first pbx??

Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

I'm assuming from your post that building number 2 has a seperate switch entirely. There is a feature called centralized attendant service which provides exactly the functionality you are looking for. As usual, with Avaya, it is a purchasable RTU. But, it allows calls to actually come into the attd queue rather than the attd's personal queue which is what would happen if you used UDP and sent it to the extension that is assigned to the attendant console (if there is one assigned).

Just a thought...

If you had VDNs and Vectors, then you could make 0 an extension (instead of attd) on your dialplan, then create a VDN with extension 0. The vector would route to a number on the other side...let's say 1000. Could you then make 1000 a listed directory number? All listed directory numbers go to the attendant. Or you could make 1000 a VDN on the other side that just says "route-to number 0 with cov y if unconditionally."

Haven't tried it, but it's an idea.

If you UDP to the attendant extension, calls from the satelite location will not drop in the attendant queue, like assistu suggests, but if you UDP to an LDN or VDN like marcell55 suggests, it will work. LDN is probably easier.

I think you may have to assign the 0 extension a remote coverage path for calls to the 0 extension to cover to the main location LDN extension. You may have to play with the remote-coverage off-net parameters if you're not using remote coverage today.

I have the same setup with two buildigs and two operators. I have two LDN (Listed Directory Numbers) One for each building. If a user hits 0 they reach the local Attendant. If a user hits 00 they reach the attendant in the other building. I built an X ported analog station in each switch for the 00 extension. I then immed forward the 00 extension to the LDN of the sister building. One thing to keep in mind that both building are tied together via isdn-pri Qsig links. I beleve that the above Rube Goldberg will work with DCS as well.

Don't laugh it works
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back