Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Set up a DNS for ccmuser on UCM 8.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacojonezl40

Technical User
Oct 22, 2007
US
In a newly deployed UCM enviornment my networks team created a DNS to publish to the end users for CCMUser. We are using version 8.5 of Call Manager. The issue is right now that DNS points to only the IP address and they are telling me they cannot append the /ccmuser.

So when someone in my company goes to myphone.company.com they are directed to just the IP address of the Subscriber. The only option for them to click is 'Cisco Unified Communications Manager' which directs them to the /ccmadmin page (which is very bad).

The Netwoks team is saying that my vendor needs to change that on the server to direct the page to /ccmuser (without the extra click if possible). My vendor is saying that there is no way to go into Tomcat and make changes like this.

The problem is the server is Linux and everyone is used to working on Windows boxes. Because of this we cannot remote connect to try and figure this out. Any suggestions out there on how I can resolve the DNS that was created to point straight away to ccmuser page?

There is no way the call manager can recognize the DNS entry of myphone.company.com and take you directly to the login page of the ccmuser. Not without some type of a hack.Direct the users to go to myphone.company.com/ccmuser instead and that would be the end of the issue.
If they don't want to "type" all that, the solution will be to bookmark it the first time they access it.

Ok I see what you mean. How about the other way around though? Can't it be set up in DNS to point directly to Or is the issue that only IP Address gets entered in a DNS set up?

There are other places I have worked at that users would only need to put in 1 or two words (ie myphone or ciscophone) and they would be directed to the ccmuser page.

It should be able to be done with DNS but I wouldn't know how. If your network team is telling you no, then you need to go with that or point the people who complaint to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back