Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Set-to-Set Messaging 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

SanYsidro

Technical User
Aug 17, 2004
US
Option 11C Succ 3.0
What needs to be done to allow for use of set-to-set messaging? Currently, when the "Applications" button of our 3903s and 3904s is pressed, the display reads "No Application available". Can I actually activate this or do I need to call my vendor? :)
Much appreciated - happy holidays to everyone!

I activated it without my vendor. You need to have in the cls STSA for set to set messaging. One other thing you may have to do is update the firmware on the phones to a newer version of firmware.

Excellent! Thanks Nortellian and Spivy! The CLS STSA worked perfectly! I LOVE this forum! ;-)

press the msg ind key then dial the number, the remote station get a msg lamp, a second key turns off the lamp, i use the off side of that when someone has a lamp and no msg

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

works on 3903 and 3904's. add cls stsa to your phone. Hit your applications key and select set to set messaging. Choose a word phrase or edit a word phrase to create your own saying. Turn on. Now when I call other 3903's or 4's my name number and my saying are displayed on there phone.

I would be careful using this if it works in the same way as Mitel`s. When a user rings another user and use the messaging, the destination person's MWI is lit. We get loads of phone calls from users complaining that the Voice Mail is not working as they think that the MWI is from Voice Mail when in fact it is from the call back message. I woudl not use it, in fact in our IPT system we are turning it off

Wayne

I don't think this feature has anything to do with mwi lights. At least it doesn't light any phones at our site. It displays a text message on a person's phone who calls my phone. So I can activate "In a Meeting". Now when people call my phone there display says my name number and "In a Meeting". Correction to above post-when People call me not when I call people the text is displayed.

I tested it using my 3904 to two different 3903s after adding the feature and it does not activate MWI here. Over 90% of our sets are 2XXX, so it'll be some time B4 I start receiving any feedback.

Now that I've figured out how to activate the function and edit the user-defined message, I'm wondering where the system defined messages are stored in the switch. What LD are they stored in?

You can find these messages in LD21 Type FTR (look under STS Messages)

Supportvzla

Supportvzla

Thanks!
I found the following messages in LD21

STS_MSG
MSG01 Please leave message
MSG02 Back to work
MSG03 In a meeting
MSG04 On a conference call
MSG05 At lunch
MSG06 Busy call
MSG07 Out of the office today
MSG08 On a business trip
MSG09 Project deadline today
MSG10 Will reply after
Now that I know they exist, I'm wondering how I can access them. Using the options as explained in my documentation does not bring them up on the screen.

The set to set messages are defined in LD 15 under the FTR gate. STS MSG is the prompt. Type Yes and you can change all 10 messages...max 24 characters.

Okay - so now that I know where the messages are - I need to know how to acually CHOOSE one using the set. Here's what the user guide says:

"To select a message provided by your network administrator..."

(Yes - I have enabled Set-to-Set messaging and I have verified that the system messages exist)

"...
1. From the Set-Set Msg screen, use the Navigation Keys to scroll through the list of available messages..."

This is where I'm running into a problem. I have verified that the messaging is working by calling another 3904 and seeing my custom message appear on the display. I just can't access the "system" messages on my 3904 by using the navigation keys as directed.

I'm probably doing something wrong. Just looking for suggestions from anyone who has run into this before.

Sending MANY thanks to all of you who have given me your two cents!!! ;-)

I accessed set-to-set messaging by pressing APPLICATIONS key. Then I pressed SELECT and then I just pressed the DOWN arrow to the message I want and pressed SELECT. I think that's it...but I never even used this feature until I saw your post...

Coniglio

Thanks for the response. Yeah, I tried that & the messages simply don't appear on my display. Oh well.... Maybe it just wasn't meant to be. On the bright side, all my T1s have been clear for months now. THAT's really matters.

Ciao for now!

make sure your tn has tdd in the cls...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back