Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Set-to-Set Messaging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaysee1

Technical User
Jan 17, 2006
AU
Hi guy's,

New to this forum and new to Nortel programing (Nortel 61c).

A user told me that staff were telling her that a the message "out of the office today" was coming up on their M3904 when they rang her. I assumed straightaway that "Set to Set Messaging" was allowed and that she'd gone in to "Applications" on the handset and changed the status on the abovementioned message to "ON". Upon investigation she hadn't (didn't know the feature was available). To add to the mystery, Set to Set Messaging was denied in the programing for her extension. Doesn't matter what I do now (delete the extension and recreate, enable the feature then disable, change the handset) the message continues to continues to appear.

Any help would be appreciated!

maybe you could fire here. if not in use i would turn set to set off in the cdb. try ld 32 fdli x x x x on her tn, a firmware reload may be the answer.. i've never had a customer that wanted that turned on..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

John Poole,

Where is Set to Set Messaging turned on in the CDB. I have it active in the CLS but can't seem to find where to activate the feature in the CDB. Thanks for the help as always.

Mark

that user wouldn't by chance have his/her CPND name change to the message you're seeing?

We ran into this once before a while back, whenever 1 of the exec. was out of the office, he would have 1 of us change his CPND to out of the office or in <city/country> of course the person making the change never bother to tell anyone and we would all spends hours trying to fix something that isn't broken...just a thought

Guy's,

Many thanks for your replies.

I've worked it out.

Extension 1214 appears on 3 other handsets as "line appearances". The problem was 1214 wasn't set as the MARP on the correct handset. The handset it was set as the MARP happened to have set to set messaging enabled and "out of the office today" status on. (Hope this makes sense; I'm still learning!)

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back