Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Set Subform Datasheet View Column Heads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyKeen

Programmer
Jul 10, 2003
GB
Hi
Ref MS ACCESS 2003 (2000 compatible)
I have a couple of forms which use subforms displayed as datasheets. When I add a control to the form such as a textbox it is generated with the default name TEXT22 etc. I set the control source of the textbox and change its name to something "user friendly". I then change the form view to datasheet and the new column heading appears as "text22:". I have checked all the visible properties of the textbox and text22: does not appear anywhere. I cannot see where this is coming from or what I need to do to correct it. Can anybody help pls?

Just click on the label itsself in the form header and change the Caption property to your user friendly name.

Thanks Krispi - Sorted. I could not do exactly as you suggested because the form would not allow it - clicking on the heading simply selected the entire column. However, it suddenly dawned on me that the label used in the column heading was actually an auto generated label which was hidden behind my textbox on the form view (the textbox was hard up against the left hand side of the form). I have changed it as suggested and all is now well. It sometimes helps just to have a friend to give you a nudge in the right direction! Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back