Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Set Security Perform 3.2 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dgates85

IS-IT--Management
Mar 19, 2012
GB
Hello all,

Looking for a bit of support we are currently running Nice perform 3.2 and have just installed a range of computers with w7 and IE10 when attempting to log in we are asked to run setsecurity which seems to run ok but when returning to the logon page for nice we get the setsecurity prompt...

I have added to the trusted sites but to no avail.

Any Ideas?

Check if you have dot net 4.5 installed. 3.2 will not work with dot net 4.5 - no idea why but I have run into this many times.

Thanks for this,

Tried unistalling .net 4.5.1 but hasn't had any effect I have run the setsecurity app again after as well.

Still getting prompted to run set security

Are you using 32 bit IE or 64bit? I have had issues with 64bit IE as well.

Hi apologies just needed a reboot to kick in once I had removed worked fine just need to get the player and codec pack working now cant find sound card.

its 64bit by the way attempted running in 32 bit as well

OK, nice. Glad you got it working.

A reboot typically isn't needed to get SS working. However, you MUST make sure all instances of IE, or Firefox are closed before you start setsecurity. This is a common mistake.

Someone else posted this, but this registry hack will allow SS and dot net 4.5:

Registry Location:
 32-bit environment: HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\.NETFramework
 64-bit environment: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\.NETFramework
• Required Configuration:
 New>DWORD (32-bit) Value
 Call it EnableIEHosting
 Give it Value 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor