Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Set Relocation

Status
Not open for further replies.

swozi2004

Technical User
Aug 5, 2004
US
Has anyone had Set Relocation not work? I have a customer that has a MICS with 6.1 software & I tried moving a phone and the extension did not move? Tks.

Never heard of it not working, usually this creates a repair nightmare. Remeber first out first in. I'm sure you verified that this application is (ON).

“Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all”

CCNA,CCNP,CIPT, Network+
Tek-TIP Member 19,650
[americanflag]

I never use Set Relocation, I move the set tnan the cross connects. alot less problems that way. Plus if ser relocation is on, the cusromer doesn't need you, they can move it themselves.

Also where you are moving the set to,you have to have a working set already there.The jack must be cross connected to your norstar.

Set relo is actually a great feature but it is kind of dangerous. If set relo is left on and two or more people try to plug phones in at the same time, it can and usually will crash the entire system! ALWAYS leave it turned off until you are ready to move phones one at a time. Never plug another phone in until you can actually make calls out on the phone you just moved! My guess is that set relocation was turned off, (as it should be) or you are plugging into a jack that is not cross connected. Did the phone do anything when you plugged it in? It should start flashing almost immediately if the jack is hot.

Phonehed in Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back