Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER = ON (in sproc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trpnbillie

Programmer
Oct 8, 2002
US
Hello. In the same database, I want to create two new stored procedures each with different QUOTED_IDENTIFIER settings. That is:

--- Script 1 creates PROC 1 first

SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER = OFF
GO
CREATE ProcA

--- Script 2 creates PROC 2 second

SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER = ON
GO
CREATE ProcB

Notice how the second sproc has "SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER = ON"

I'm hoping "SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER = ON" is applied only to ProcB and does not affect ProcA or any other already existing procs that are in the database (that should be QUOTED_IDENTIFIER = OFF).

Can you confirm that QUOTED_IDENTIFIER = ON will only be applied when ProcB runs? thx kindly!!!

Why don't you run the procedures and compare the results?

If [blue]you have problems[/blue], I want [green]source code[/green] AND [green]error messages[/green], none of this [red]"there was an error crap"[/red]

I did run them and my tests showed me that one setting in ProcB did not affect the other procs. I was just looking for additional insight just in case there was any possible way. thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back