Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Set "view details" as default

Status
Not open for further replies.

silversurfer

Programmer
Nov 8, 2000
GB
Hi!

Every time i open a folder, the view is set to the unpractical "web view". I can change that and let it remember the settings for different single folders, but what I want is set the default view to "details". I have been to the folder option in the control panel but as far as i can see there is no option to do that. There is a button under the view tap "Set like current folder", but this button is disabled.

Can anybody help?
Thanks!

Bring up Explorer (Winkey+E).

Go into Folder Options, then View.

First, reset ALL folders.

Then, make your choices from the list for how you'd like folders to appear. Click ok. Make sure this is what you want to see. If so, go back into options/view and click Like Current Folder.

This will fix your problem unless someone's used a registry tweak or security tool to prevent you from changing folder settings. Winboost 2001 I believe is a more popular one.

Thanks for your help!
While i was following your advice, I found that when going into folder options from the tools drop down menu, the "set like current folder" option was enabled straight away, and my problem was solved with one click :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back