Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

set proxy server in IE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 12, 2002
SG
hi,
how do i write a wsh script to set proxy server setting in IE ?
thanks

Hi,

Just a wild guess, can't you set it hardcoded in the registry using WshShell.Regwrite?
(view vbscript documentation (or msdn) on regwrite)

Grtz Hanzel

If smile = vbFalse Then
MsgBox("Smile... Tomorrow will be worse!",64,"Smile...")
End If

can i know which COM objects is used for Internet Explorer ?

Hello sentmemail,

As I see you ask the same question in two successive threads, I might as well venture into something which I constantly being humbled because it is so vaste a subject to know in substance rather than in name. So a little lead may at least serve as a tiny step for further research.

Internet Explorer by its own is based on two components: the WebBrowser Control (SHDOCVW.dll) and MSHTML.dll. The latter is the parsing and rendering engine whereas the former expose controls which are used as well by desktop and others system services. Shdocvw.dll is also something separated from older Shdoc__ as a independent realization of some functionality. That is also why we hear so often that IE is so much integrated into the system and have a material repercussion on the os if different IE version is installed.

Not much in substance, but no one can replace bumpy readings and practice on one's own effort.

regards - tsuji

when i tried to open MSHTML.dll, it says failed to load a type library from the specified file.
any idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back