Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

[SET PRINTER TO COM1¦2] can not work, why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

indarto

Programmer
May 12, 2002
ID
[SET PRINTER TO COM1|2] can not work, why? Whilst we can do smoothly TO LPT1 or LPT2.

What version of FoxPro are you using? e.g. FP 2.0, FPD 2.5b, FPW 2.6a. What OS are you running under? e.g. DOS 6.0, Windows 3.11, Win 98SE, XP.

Rick

additional information from my questions above:
in FoxPro DOS ver.2.6 under DOS 6.22:
SET PRINTER TO COM1|2] can not work, why? Whilst we can do smoothly TO LPT1 or LPT2.
And I am sure there is no hardware problems since I can print either to Com1 or LPT1 from other applications (other than foxpro DOS 2.6) under windows 3.11 operating system or dos 6.22

Well it's been a long time since I ran strictly under 6.22, but I believe the key with using either of the COM ports, is to make sure you use the MODE statement to properly configure the port to match the baud rate, parity, etc. of the device you have attached. Other programs may explicitly set/reset these settings.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back