Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Set Location From View To Stored Procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.

mulchman

Programmer
Apr 1, 2002
US
Hello

Crystal reports 8
SQl Server 2000

My database location points to a View which is used to bring in the data. This works.

I now created a stored procedure with a parameter.

I used Set LOcation to point from the View to the stored procedure with the parameter.

After "setting the location", I receive the error:

"Error Opening File. There are no fields in the "name_stored_procedure" "

To test this, I started out with a new report, saved with view and then reloaded and tried to point to stored procedure with a parameter using Set LOcation. Error Occurs.

Is there a way to replace the View with a Stored Procedure with a parameter or is there a easy work arround.

Thanks

Hello

I did a work around.

Using
Crystal Reports 8
Sql Server 2000
Microsoft NET - ASP .NET
Crystal NET

I used
1) selection formula in code
2) formula field in code
3) set up formula in CR 8

with the result that I use the old Views (instead of the stored procedures with parameters) which the CR8 points too but pass in the parameters to perform a futher selection on my SQL.

I converted a number of reports from Views to Stored procedures. The only way I get it to work, was to ADD the stored procedure, ignore all the error messages (you can't have both a view and an SP), then REMOVE the View. Changing location did NOT work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back