Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Set 'Has Module' Property to NO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

robmkimmons

Technical User
Jun 29, 2001
US
I'm trying to set my form's 'Has Module' Property to no...
but i can't find where to do that at.

can someone point me in the right direction?

~Thanks!

~Rob

If we expect the unexpected, does that make the unexpected... well, expected?

Other" tab of the form properties, near the bottom.

BTW - try the /decompile option first, as stated in the other thread, that's solved most of my corruption problems with much less work than copying module text, re attaching event handlers...

Roy-Vidar

In the design view of the form, check the properties of the form itself. In Access 2000 it is the 11th. line.

HTH

An investment in knowledge always pays the best dividends.
by Benjamin Franklin
Autonumber Description - FAQ702-5106

Why don't you do it on the ON OPEN event?

Remember when... everything worked and there was a reason for it?

It's in the Form's "Other" Properties - right click on form, choose properties (make sure viewing form, not detail or some other member), click "Other" tab, it's near the bottom of the list on that tab.

Stephen [infinity]
"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life:
no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6 KJV

RoyVidar,

I tried the /decompile option. It didn't seem to work. It gave me an "error while loading form" msg. Which leads me to believe that the form i imported in from another project is the culprit.

~Rob

If we expect the unexpected, does that make the unexpected... well, expected?

When using the /decompile option, follow the steps in the link to the letter. If there are code/routines starting when you open the app - you MUST hold the SHIFT key down when running it so that no code runs (step 2).

And yes, on some versions (2000 I think) copying/importing forms with modules might create corruption, but I thought the later service packs should have taken care of that.

One way of importing/exporting objects such as forms/reports with modules without problems, is the method described at the bottom of the last thread (but it might be to late using it now that the corruption has alredy happened) - for the others reading this thread, I'm referencing thread702-873544.

Roy-Vidar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back