Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Set Fox 9 to output Fox 2 Compatible Tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

thepastor

Programmer
Jun 12, 2007
US
I really need fox 9 to output fox 2 tables. Is it possible to set something in Fox 9 so this happens automatically?

Select 0
Use VFP9Tbl.dbf
Copy To VFP2xTbl With Cdx Type Fox2x

boyd.gif

SweetPotato Software Website
My Blog

It depends what you mean by "output" Fox2 tables.

If you mean you want to create a Foxpro 2.x table, you would create normal VFP version of the table, then do:

COPY TO <new table name> TYPE FOX2

You can then update the table as much as you like. It will remain 2.x compatible.

Mike

My Visual FoxPro site: www.ml-consult.co.uk

Actually, what I'm looking for is a setting in Fox 9 to make it automatically create foxpro 2.x tables whenever you create a new table.

>>Actually, what I'm looking for is a setting in Fox 9 to make it automatically create foxpro 2.x tables whenever you create a new table.

No, there is no such setting. The only way would be to use a program that creates a Fox 2.x version of a table once it has been created.

----
Andy Kramek
Visual FoxPro MVP

It's really not worth the trouble to create a 2.x exe to create 2.x tables. copy to ...type fox2x is the way to go.

The additional step is to either first CREATE TABLE ... FREE... or CREATE CURSOR and take care of the limitations fox2x tables have. And then copy the free table or cursor with COPY TO ... TYPE FOX2X. Makes it two instead of one command.

Bye, Olaf.

Thank you guys for all your help.

I really wish this was an option they would have put in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back