Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

-SET ECO=ALL;

Status
Not open for further replies.

breyt

IS-IT--Management
Dec 9, 2002
FR
HI
I would like to know how I can store the result of -SET ECHO=ALL on a file (execution of the programm)
Thanks
Breyt

If you have -SET &ECHO=ALL and do view source in browser you can see the ECHO output which you can save locally.

HI
I would like to write the display of ECHO=ALL in a seqential file and read after for analyse
Thanks
Breyt

Breyt,

There is no direct way to do this. You can use the following trace but it will not show the Dialogie Manager commands. Only the interpeted FOCUS code. The Dialogue Manager commands can be captued in another trace but that is going to be much bigger than what you want. Put this before your code.

SET TRACEUSER=ON
SET TRACEOFF=ALL
SET TRACEUSER=ON
SET TRACEON = CEH /1

Then look at the trace in the edatemp dir.

Hi
Can you tell me witch component I can use for dialog manager
Thanks
Breyt

There isn't one. The only thing I can think of is to HOLD FORMAT HTML and then write something to strip out the code.

HI
I have found the solution . If I set
SET TRACEON = PRH /1
It give me the dialog Manager
Thanks
Breyt

What release are you on? I tried it and I don't see it.

HI
WEBFOCUS 5.2
BREYT
PS copy of the log
15.01.20 AG -SET &&LINES=&LINES;
15.01.20 AG message length = 20

I am using a define command to club 3 fields into one. For example I have state,district and zip as 3 seperate fields and I need them as one column in the report. I define the field as PLACE and select state and distrct and zip from the define fields like this

DEFINE FILE PROJECT
PLACE/A50='STATE''DISTRICT''ZIPCODE';

I get an error message which says
THE FIELDNAME IS NOT RECOGNIZED:pLACE

and when I tried playing around with it like using & or < I get "'<STATE''<DISTRICT''<ZIPCODE'" INSTAED OF THE VALUES.

what am i doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back