Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

set default paper size for printer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 16, 2006
BE
Hello,

I have a little script to add the networkprinters on our clients. The strange thing is that the printers are configured on the server with the setting, default paper size A4, but when the printer is installed on the client, this settings is put to "Letter".

is there a way to specify this in the script?

This is the script:

Set WshNetwork = CreateObject ("WScript.Network")
on error resume next

PrinterPath = "\\server1\HP 1320 COMPTA"
WshNetwork.RemovePrinterConnection PrinterPath, true, true
WshNetwork.AddwindowsPrinterConnection (PrinterPath)
WshNetwork.SetDefaultPrinter("\\server1\HP 1320 COMPTA")

Thank you in advance.

This is not the only problem I find with A4. There is also Auto Select and Automatically Select. I don't know which one it is but even when you set the size to A4, one of these changes it back to letter.

so there is no way to specify in the script that the setting needs to be papersize A4?

missupport1,

I have had a similar problem like the one you mentioned. however i was mapping the printer manually.

the problem i think lies with the driver settings on the print server. On the server check the following under the printer properties

- general tab, Printing Defaults and check the paper is a4.
- Advance Tab -> Paper Defaults is set to a4.
- Device Tab - the trays are set to a4.

this may resolve the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back