Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Set Default Add-ins for Outlook 2003 Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeanWilliams

Programmer
Feb 26, 2003
GB
Hello,

Not sure if this is the right forum for this.

We are migrating from Novell Groupwise to Outlook 2003. We have over 1000 pc's to do, which are having standard images put on them.

I have created a Phone Message form as an add-in. Is there an easy way to set the default Com Add-ins for Outlook 2003? We obviously would rather have the dll selected as an Add-in automatically rather than having to manually open Outlook on each PC and select it as a COM add-in.

Any ideas for doing this automatically would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dean
:)

Thanks a lot.

I got it working using wscript.shell in VBscript to run Regsvr32 to register the dll.

Cheers.

:)

I spoke too soon. It does not work as users would need Admin rights for this script to run. Bit of an oversite by me!

I have seen scripts to automate the RunAs.exe. I cannot do this as it would mean the Admin password would be hard coded into the script.

Any other ideas?

No I'm sorry, that has also been a problem for me. I always register the add-ins on a per user basis, just because of that.

Greetings,
Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back