Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

set a default welcome page with script

Status
Not open for further replies.

saecsens

Programmer
Aug 5, 2003
CA
I need to know if it's possible to set a default welcome page (workspace) with script or in any other way in Lotus Notes v6.5.

I don,t know if I need to edit any INI file or to design any special database like desktop.sdk...

Thanks.

In R5 and R6 the welcome page is actually managed in the Bookmarks.nsf.
I would guess that you can always create a new document in it, set the variables correctly, and you should be done.
However, you will need to carefully analyze the database design, and probably go through a bit of trial & error, before you can get it right.

Pascal.

Thx, but I wanted to know, if there's a way to enforce the workspace as the default welcome page for Notes. I know you can do it manually with the action "Set bookmark as welcome page"
But where in Notes is this preference's kept ?

Hope I'm a little more clear

I don't know if you can script it, but you can force it to all your users using the desktop policies on the domino server.

I have been asked to connect different welcome page according to client locations, I'm not quite sur it is possible eighter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back