Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sessopen : error 137

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveng

Technical User
Jul 18, 2002
ZA
Hi Adsm fundis

I am currently running adsm ver 4.2 on aix 4.3.3 and on both my clients my backup fails , my dsmerror.log reads

sessopen: error 137 from signon authentication
TCA exit rc=168. Anyone with any ideas as to how I can sort this critical problem out.

Thks
Daveng

davenq,

From time to time I also see this error on my NT clients. My TSM server is AIX 4.3.3 running TSM 5.1. My NT clients are still at 4.2.

The errors that I get are:

ANS1029E Communications have been dropped.
ReadPswdFromRegistry(): getRegValue(): Win32 RC=2 .
ReadPswdFromRegistry(): getRegValue(): Win32 RC=2 .
sessOpen: Error 137 from signon authentication.

Your dsm.opt (Windows/Novell) or dsm.sys (UNIX/Linux) file need to have password option set to generate. If it is, then your node needs to reauthenticate to the TSM server.

To fix the problem I just go to the client and issue the dsmc client interface command.

Once I'm in the client interface I then use the "q ses" command which is query session. Since I need to reauthenticate, you just type in the nodename and the client TSM password. Once you do that you should be able to authenticate to the TSM server now.

eg. dsmc (enter)
tsm> q ses

When you exit out of dsmc and go back into it and reissue the q ses command, it should not prompt you for a nodename and password.

Hope this helps,
- David Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back