Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sessions getting dropped and I don't know why! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gozer

Programmer
Oct 25, 2000
US
A weird thing is begining to happen to a few users, including myself! (First off: MF1.8-SP2/FR1, NTTS4-SP6)

I'll open a session and then for apparantly no reason,
I'll get knocked out with this error:
Error in connection.
[Error 1030: Protocol Driver error]

This isn't happening to everyone ASFAIK but its strange. Any oneelse out there have any dropped sessions for no reasons? I looked in the Event Viewer and nothing too out of the ordinary. I did however see an unexpected reboot yesterday where the source says: Save Dump and the error message says it was rebooted from a bugcheck then some hex stuff.

I'm going to check the other server (I have 2 of these) to see if the same behavior is happening but for now, help?

Gozer

I've seen this issue fairly frequently, unfortunately the resolution has been different in each situation.

The error message basically means that the client cannot find an ICA Master Browser, for whatever reason. This is why each situation differs, since there are many reasons why the Master Browser may not be contacted.

I have often found that inserting the IP address of the Master Browser into the Server Location field in the client alleviates this.

However, it can be caused by network issues, such as incorrectly configured DNS servers, faulty routers, 802.3 broadcasts (in a Novell environment), etc.

Unexpected reboots can be caused by poor drivers, particularly printer drivers. Check the last few drivers listed in the bugcheck - that should give you a clue.

If you can provide more information in both these areas, I may be able to assist further.

I hope this is useful

Thank you for your reply. I've been snooping around and I've come to the conclusion that its my client thats the problem. I've tried reinstalling with a newer client and the problem still comes up. I'm thinking of removing it completely first next time and then reinstalling.

I have, however, narrowed down why I think its my client. First of all, no one else is experiencing this problem. Secondly, we use Published Apps and I, as the admin, don't usually use the Published App but open a normal desktop session instead. This is the only time that I receive this error. And it happens to either of my two servers eventually within a window of 10-25 minutes. If use the published app way of things, everything is fine which is why my phone isn't wringing off the hook. Thirdly, I've had a normal session open on another machine that I use but less so, and its been running for an hour.

Conclusion. I hate my laptop. Thanks for the reply anyway and I'll write if I get anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back