Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Session variables destroyed

Status
Not open for further replies.

peteclen

Programmer
Oct 17, 2001
GB
All session variables are getting destroyed after running a report via csp application. How can this be circumvented?

Thanks
Pete

I was having the same problem.... except it only happened when I ran a certain report - I could run 59 other reports with no problem... but whenever I ran this one report I lost session variables. We tried running the app from a different web server and the problem disappeared. So on two web servers the problem did not exist, and on one it did. The app was in development and was going through daily deployments to the test server - eventually the problem just went away - no idea what fixed it. If you figure it out, let me know! Try rebooting the web server and see if that fixes it....

The problem went away (almost!) when I called the CSP from ASP using "window.showModalDialog". This seemed to ensure that all session variables were created/destroyed in the correct scope. Or so I thought! The problem remains for one report - as you have found. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to try it on a different server, as you suggested, until the system goes live, so I'll just have to hope your theory holds for us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back