Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Session setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Csongei

Technical User
Dec 5, 2001
HU
In the server Event log by the system, there is always a message.
"The session setup from the computer BAKO failed to authenticate. The name of the account referenced in the security database is BAKO$. The following error occurred:
Access is denied."

There is tousends of messages every day.

(We are using NT4.0 server and Win2000 Prof client)

Thank you

Yes it is 5722. Could you please help me, how can I it solve.

It sounds like the client's computer account on the domain doesn't exist or is incorrect.

Try removing the computer from Server Manager for Domains, then re-adding it. Sync your domain controllers, then reboot the client and log into the domain. [auto] MCSE NT4/W2K

I have removed from the domain then sync, but the problem is not solved.

Any other help???

Thank you all

I have this same problem on our PDC. The od thing is that the error pops up for various PCs at differing times. When I fix the 5-10 that are there today, the problem seems to be solved for a week or so. Then, another 5-10 start giving offer Event ID 5722 errors. I fix those and all is well for a week or two. Then, the cycle starts again.

I have tried every deleting the machine's acct in AD, then readding. I have tried deleting the PC in AD; sitting in front of the box and removing it from the domain; then having it rejoin the domain.

In the end, neither reported fix has made the errors go away permanently. If anyone knows a once-and-for-all fix, PLEASE let us know here on the forums. THANKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back