Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Session Printers

Status
Not open for further replies.

dheida

IS-IT--Management
Sep 2, 2005
US
First let's make sure I'm thinking about this correctly. In Management Console->Policies I create a policy called "North Printer". Then I goto the properties on that policy->Printing->Session Printers and add a printer. Then I goto the "Apply policy to" and add users and/or groups and then that printer will show up in their Citrix session. Assuming this is correct, removing that user or group should then remove that printer from the next session opened. Well, in my case it is not. When I add a group to a policy the printers will show up at next login. The printer does not go away, though, when I remove that group from the policy then log in again.

dheida, I had the same problem and scratched my head for a long time before coming up with a solution.

You need to specifically Deny access within the profile to any users you dont wish that profile to apply to.

This also goes the same for multiple profiles. If you don't deny access, the profiles get applied in a random order to random users and their printer selection is never what you intended it to be.

Hope this helps

Sorry I didn't post back but I found the issue. For a long time (starting before my time) we used defprint and IFMEMBER in a logon script to set the default printer. Then it quit working for some reason and my boss found a different command, con2prt.exe /cd, which actually connects and makes it the default. So, it was connecting the printer and remembering that in the users profile somehow. This was aside from Citrix connecting the printers. To remedy, I used con2prt.exe /f to clear all connected printers prior to the /cd so if any group memberships changed it wouldn't hang on to that previously connected printer. I know there are easier ways to accomplish this now that we're fairly updated on Citrix but.....

Hi, I am new to the citrix environment; currently I have a situation that I need to have certain group of users to use the client printer as their default printer, and certain group of users to have the Windows Printer Mapping enable, can it be done?

Group A uses their specific printer as their default printers through Citrix Session; I don’t want them to use the local printer as their printer because of the specific task they perform

Group B uses their local printer as their default printers; I would like to have them to use the local printers when they login via Citrix session because of the POS setup

This is what I have done on the Terminal Server Configuration End:

Enable windows Printing mapping (when this setting is enabled, everyone login via Citrix will see the printer says “auto create”)

Thank You,

Please start a new thread... (good question though) :)

Thanks,
Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back