Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Session Manager Loosing SIP Registrations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerom

IS-IT--Management
Mar 10, 2014
AE
Hi,
i have AVP-1 with AVPU1,SMGR,SM1 & CM1. another AVP-2 with AVPU2,CM2 & SM2 Both Version is 8.0.1.1.
the Profile of the Session manager was Profile 5 which consumes Larger Memory from the Host. hence reinstalled the SM with Profile 2 on AVP-1 and AVP2. Both Installation was Successful.
but after reinstalling SM2 with Profile 2, is Session manger Dashboard, we could see the Registrations is loosing. Phones get registered and automatically and unregistered continuously. BUT in SM1 the Phones registered successfully and no Issues with Profile 2.
any idea, why in SM2 the registrations are getting lose.. is it Because SMGR and Sm is in same AVP ?
appreciate any help.

Best Regards.

it continuously Shows "401 Unauthorized" and after some time it will register and works Fine. again unregisters and register back.

That's normal and just part of the registration, SM responds with unauthorised and then the phone registers again with creds.

You should see

>> register
>> 401
>> register
>> 200 ok
>> subscribe
etc
etc
etc

BTW you can't mix and match core SM profiles. It says in the book (and I know from experience) that you can't go having different profiles for them. They're supposed to have shared memory and capacities and such.

Yes Kyle555
it is not Different Profiles. SM1 is Profile 2 and SM-2 is also installed as Profile 2. if you read the 1st message i sent, you understand that.
don't understand why it is loosing registrations...!!

How frequently are they re-registering?

Could it be a SIP timer?

Any chance these are 96x1/96xx and you are using FQDNs to register? I've seen that behavior before with that (unsupported) combination.

Otherwise, start with a traceSM or debug from the phone. traceSM is usually the best way to start.

If you see missing messages in the SIP flow, check to see if your network is maybe eating the packets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back