Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Session Manager - Local Host Name Resolution (or groups)

Status
Not open for further replies.

t2true

IS-IT--Management
May 25, 2004
US
Aura CM 7.1
Aura ASM 7.1

I need help with creating a group in the Local Host Name Resolution page of Session Manager (ASM). One groups works no problem. The other one doesn’t.

I have two communication managers (CM) - one each in two sites. Likewise, I have two ASMs in each site.
In ASM>Session Manager>Network Configuration>Local Host Name Resolution, I have built a Host Name (group) that contains each CM. It looks like the following:

cm.grp site1 IP address port number 5060 Priority 100 Weight 100 TCP
cm.grp site 2 IP address port number 5060 Priority 200 Weight 100 TCP

This group (cm.grp) can be used in the FQDN or IP Address field when building a SIP entity named “CM7”. The SIP entity has two entity links to bridge each ASM to the group (meaning each CM server). It looks like this:

Entity Links:
Link Name SIP Entity 1 SIP Entity 2
ASMSite1_to_cm.grp ASMSite1ServerName CM7
ASMSite2_to_cm.grp ASMSite2ServerName CM7

This works; no problem.

I have two IVR servers – one each in two sites. I’ve built a group (ivr.grp) like the aforementioned. And, built a SIP entity (IVR). However, when I add entity links to it, I get an error:
“Duplicate Protocol/SIP Entity2 IP address/Port1, IP address found in [another] entity link.”

In looking at that other entity link, the SIP Entity2 is different than the one I’m trying to create. The IP addresses for those links are the same, but the entity itself is different.

Any idea what’s going on?

You cannot have 2 entities with the same IP address. Just like you cannot have 2 devices on the same network with the same IP address.

You can have 2 entities with the same IP, you just can't have the same ports used for entity links.

If you have sets.cm and trunks.cm with ip 1.1.1.1, that's fine. As long as you make entities for sets.cm on port 5071 and trunks.cm on port 5061 for example, that's fine.

Upon receiving an incoming SIP message from 1.1.1.1:5061, SM needs to know that uniquely meant trunks.cm - because the entity can have a location, adaptation, and all sorts of other things that get applied.

Good info. I will try changing the port numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back