Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Session Manager 6.3 Web interface issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

vulcanccit

IS-IT--Management
Jan 7, 2005
US
after accepting my credentials, the web page displays "Server - Unknown Mode (GR Replication - ) and over on the right upper corder there is a Notification yellow yield sign with ! in the middle. When you click that it says Secondary Server status : Unknown

I have done a reboot via SSH with no change. JBoss Restart no change. Service --status-all does not show anything abnormal.

I thought I would hit this awesome forum before opening a ticket with Avaya. I rarely use System Manager so this is not an emergency.

that on the core or the GR? patch load? Read release notes if your bug's covered. Is it possible the GR's certs expired or something?

If you know some postgres, connect to avmgmt and in the av_drs01 schema (gotta add it to your path) there's a sym_node and sym_node_batch table and a few others. Can't think of em off hand. It there are all the DRS nodes and the last batch pulled - y'know like in Session Manager's Replication page. That's where it gets it from. Might tell you how long you've had the problem.

it is is when I log into the System Manager from the web page. It might be certs, we had an issue with them before but I do not remember this error. I rarely am in this box as we really do not use it for much. This system is soon to be migrated into our Business Partner's ECasS cloud solution, so I might let it ride until then. I do have notes from when Avaya updated our Certs, all via SSH, so I might try doing that. I typically am not a Linux guru, and am more of an adds/move/changes dude.

Did they update your certs 2 years since it last worked :)

If you have a support acct, get the certificate renewal utility, run as root. It'll tell you if anything expired and give you an option to renew.

Is your SM replication working? Is your problem with the main or GR SMGR? Time drift can invalidate TLS handshakes as well. We can both have certificates that expire in the year 3000 but if you think it's Feb 1 12h00 GMT and I think it's 23h59, we can have a problem strictly at the level we negotiate at layer 3/4 and anything on top like HTTPS is dead.

Kyle, I can't seem to find ticket notes in my emails from Avaya, I think they are no longer in my inbox. I searched on Avaya's site but it is having issues lol. However, we have Avaya AOS Service Release Management and in December they advised of a Cert that had expired on SMGR. At the time I was told we were going to the ECaaS system in January so I told them to hold off. Now it will be May. I just emailed them to see if it is related.

We only have one SMGR So I am not sure what it would be replicating to. We do have a Disaster Recover G450 at our Data Center as an ESS system, but that is it.

So is there anything configured in the GR page? Thats for another SMGR at another site that you can manually activate to do stuff if your main data center will be down. If you don't have a second system manager, open a ticket. Somethings wrong - like the GR services crashed - or some config is wrong. Rebooting might fix it. But if you pay for AOS, put em to work.

I can't get to the page and I do not recall what is on the GR Page. This was all set up by our BP and about the only thing I ever used System Manager for was to goof around with Sip Users but we ended up doing H.323. Yes I have an email into our AOS lead. I will also email our BP as they will have to have this fixed before they can migrate this all to ECasS. Thank you for your help Kyle! You rock!!

Also I did a few reboots via SSH to no avail a day or so ago.

With System Manager, or anything else for that matter, nothing wrong with reinstall/backup/restore. At least you know you're getting a clean system

So this ended up being expired certs, both on our local system manager and a disaster recovery ess at our data center. I didn't know it but the GRreplication does indeed replicate to the ess. Also the replication was failing due to the NTP ip that our BP used on the DR ESS is not longer available. So we just set it to one of our Active Directory domain controllers in the data center, which act as NTP.

Thank you all for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back