Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Session management doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToonKayser

Programmer
Jun 20, 2000
DE
Hi All,

We installed a new cf4.5-server (W2000) and copied all of our scripts and database from our produktionserver to that new server.
The problem occurs that session management doesn't seem to work anymore.
This is my application.cfm:
<cfapplication name=&quot;ws&quot; SESSIONMANAGEMENT=&quot;YES&quot; sessiontimeout=#CreateTimeSpan(1,13,1,1)#
applicationtimeout=#CreateTimeSpan(1,13,1,1)#
setclientcookies=&quot;yes&quot; clientstorage=&quot;Cookie&quot; clientmanagement=&quot;yes&quot;>
<CFIF ISDEFINED(&quot;Cookie.CFID&quot;) AND ISDEFINED(&quot;Cookie.CFTOKEN&quot;)>
<CFSET CFID_LOCAL = COOKIE.CFID>
<CFSET CFTOKEN_LOCAL = COOKIE.CFTOKEN>
<CFCOOKIE NAME=&quot;CFID&quot; VALUE=&quot;#cfid_local#&quot;>
<CFCOOKIE NAME=&quot;CFTOKEN&quot; VALUE=&quot;#cftoken_local#&quot;>
</CFIF>

I can see that a cookie is placed on my local disk.
On the server there are entries in the registry regarding the proper cfid and cftoken.
But when I display the session-variables I can see that once I display a new screen, a new cfid is set.
So I lose all of my session variables.

And now the odd thing: it worked at first!
I tested and all was working fine. Until to some point, suddenly it didn't work anymore.
I asked our systemadministrators but they didn't change things (have to believe that) and the oracle administrator did some Minor changes but this shouldn't affect coldfusion.
My ColdFusion services all run under a certain user which is in the administrator group, not under LocalSystem.

I checked coldfusion administration to make sure that session management is set.

Is there someone out there to help me with this?
Thanks in advance

Toon

why are you resetting the cookie values in the last couple lines? those cookies are already set...it looks like what you're doing is setting them so they are not persistent. take out those last two CFCOOKIE lines - they're already set.

Thanks for your reaction.
But this didn't make any difference.
Because the cookies is written and the registry is written, can it be that it has something to do with access-rights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back