Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Session idle timeout over, tearing down the session

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwhdwh

Programmer
May 13, 2001
US
If I view my event viewer, I occasionally see the above informational message in the Event Viewer Application Log, issued from MSDTC.

Is this something that is a potential problem, does it mean I am not freeing something correctly?

Thanks,
Dave.

The settings of ODBC connection timeout is related to this. suppose if the odbc timeout is 60 sec then if within 60seconds you do not use the object it is disconnected and returned to the pool. This should not be of concern as mts frees session based on settings done.

I'm not sure if that's just the case, as I only see a few of these each day. I'm not sure if it's more related to something I'm not releasing and therefore that's why it tears down the sesssion.

Know any way to suppress this message altogether?

You can suyppress it altogether by setting the odbc timeout to 0 which prevents it crashing out. We had the problem where it would hit time out and release the object and shortly thereafter the process it was waiting on came back with the answer and created a festive array of error messages. zeroing the timeout eliminated the issue.

I am also getting the same message. Can you tell me how to suyppress it altogether by setting the odbc timeout to 0.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back