Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Session Expiry Check in Optext LiveLink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vikas1701

Programmer
Jul 10, 2014
IN
Hi,

How do i Check the Token which i have recieved from AuthenticationService is expired ?

Regards,
Vikas

Hi,

Need inputs on the above Point. I have the authentication token for connecting to livelink taken from Authentication Service. How do i check the expiry of that token ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Vikas

the OT KB states that there is a method that they have put in later versions of webservices. Do check the KB. If you are stuck on a old livelink and its webservices there are two other ways you can skin this cat

a)ask the administrator of your livelink to not put a session expiration.Note it is the setting for cookies in security params which is set to expire 30 minutes from first issue
b)You as the developer could put a check in your code saying if you got a error message form livelink using a existing session as "invalid useranme/password" you may have to test it that should be your cue to get a new session.

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008,Livelink ECM Champion 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back