Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

session.clear() effects? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetar

Programmer
Oct 16, 2003
US
I am using some session variables on a page that I want to clear using session.clear() if the user decides to reset the form as I am pulling those session variables to run queries when the form posts back to iteself.

My question is: Will session.clear() only clear the session variables associated with that specific session_id (or user) and not clear ALL session variables. I just wanted to be sure that when a user selects to reset the form and I run session.clear() that it only clears their session values and not ALL session values.

Thanks!

jet - to do this I always use

Session.RemoveAll

..and though I have never used Session.Clear the two may be equivalent. I would argue that only the unique Session ID is affected, at least in the latter that is the case.

Thanks Isadore. I think I may switch over and use session.removeall() because it seems to relate more to what I am doing. After messing with my page a bit though I think that session.clear() has the same effect, but there must be some functional distinction between the two. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back