Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SES on S8300- CM 5.2 to Flowroute SIP trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phonemax

Vendor
Sep 24, 2009
US
Hi

Does anyone have any config note or cheat sheets pertaining to the set up of a Flowroute SIP trunk to SES that is running co resident on an S8300 with CM 5.2?

I have had experience with the SES and some SIP trunking but only trunks to other Avaya devices (like EMMC), never set it up to an outside SIP provider. I contacted Flowroute but they do not have anything that could assist.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I can provide any additional information if requested.

Thanks

How about any sample configs to SIP carriers running on the embedded SES on S8300 CM5?
I'm not picky....

I would google for this document.

Administering SIP Enablement Services on the Avaya S8300 Server

I read that doc and I tried setting up SES on S8300 but I have not completed the job because I feel confused by that doc, it is not clear (for my knowledge?).
I am looking for something more to read too

I too have read through most of that doc and it is not that I am having trouble setting up the server as much as I'm having difficulty understanding how to set up a SIP trunk from the outside world. I have successfully set up a couple of SES servers that I used to register SIP phones too but have not had to set up for an outside provided SIP trunk before.

The provider is only really providing me with a user name and password for authentication and a string of digits that they tell will need to outbound calls.

Yes you will need an SBC, sometimes it is provided by the vendor but for security you should have your own, ACME is recommended. There are helpful documents out there for configuring SIP trunks with different providers; Verizon, Global Crossing etc. Do a google search on "Application Notes for configuring SIP Trunking between X and Avaya SIP Telephony".

did you manage to get this configured with a SIP provider??

i am going to be doing this in few weeks and really want a heads up so this job does not drag out on site.

its important this goes well

ACA - IP Office
ACS - IP Office
ACSS-SME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back