Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Services On

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPMcMurphy

Vendor
Aug 15, 2007
US
I have routing services turned on and on my control set the secretary sees "Services On" is there a way to remove the banner and get back to time and date?

Yup.
Assign a different control set.
If you configure a service to run in auto, the control set will always display "*Services On".
Pick an out of the way set as the Control Set, like the switch room or break room phone.

-SD-

Roger that, good idea, the service somehow got turned off, I had to turn it back on, and the customer said that they had never seen the "Services On" message before. So I figured there must be some way to turn off the message.

True norstarboy125, it will accomplish putting time/date on the display.
I've never tried it to see if it will override the "Services On" display.
I was just trying to point out that if you go that route, you won't be seeing CLID, Message for You, on any other displays until you press F#806.

-SD-

You do see MSG and Calls on the second line of the display over top of the soft keys along with the time and date.

Well that's news to me!
Thanks for the edumacation.
Did this change with the T series sets, at a s/w release, or only on BCM?
I can remember countless Norstar calls where users reported not getting the "Message for You" display only to discover they had activated F806.

Did you determine if it overrides the "Services On" display?

-SD-

I can tell you that I noticed it around 5.0 and that was on M series so I take it that the set style doesn't matter... You just don't want to use it on single line displays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back