Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Services for MS Exchange will not restart

Status
Not open for further replies.

gntech

MIS
Aug 24, 2003
US
I think I've done it. I was trying to uninstall Antigen(an E-mail security program) and I had to stop all MS Exchange serbices to do so. I ran into a problem with one of the services, I couldn't get it to stop(MS Exchange system attendant) since the company I am working for was busy so I reactivated them. Now exchage will not restart one of the services keeps shutting off(MS Exchange Event) and another is stuck in 'stopping' mode (MS Exchange information store) I'm a novice at this and I haven't been able to find a solution.

If I recall, antigen replaces ese.dll with a wedge that points to the real ese.dll. Very messy. Contact Antigen. They have a utility that will disable the wedge.

Thank you, I got in touch with Antigen and they told me that as well and that it can create a problem but what I was advised to do was to disable all services instead of stopping them and then restart the server to guarantee that the services will be off all went well untill I discovered that antigen intagrates itself with the ISS Admin services so after disabling those services and restarting I was able to successfully uninstall antigen and reactivate the services, and after a restart all work seamlessly, Thank you for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back