Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Service to scan individual web pages? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RenoWV

Technical User
Mar 16, 2002
US

Does anyone know if an online service exist which will scan a webpage and then report whether or not that page is attempting to impose a virus/spywear etc?

It would work something like this...

I would go to the service homepage and enter a URL for some other site;

They would use their tools to visit the page, then a few seconds later would provide a report ("Page is clean" ; "Virus is present", etc).

I realize there are a number of services that can scan a user's harddrive, but what I'm looking for is something that could check for malicious code on a site-by-site basis, without the user going to the page first.

If anyone has a lead, it will be much appreciated....

Thank you eyec -- that is exactly the kind of site I was hoping to find.

If anyone knows of any others that are similar to explabs, please do let us know.

Much appreciated...

If you have McAfee site advisor (Plug in for FireFox and I think part of their AV program for IE) you can Google the site and Site Advisor will tell you what it has on the site.

good info eyec, star for you.

I tested this software and they are upgrading it with a newer version, if anyone is interested here's a link to the new Beta programme!

Member of ASAP Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals

under the name khazars

well, I can't give you a star for some reason!

Member of ASAP Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals

under the name khazars

pechenegs, I got it covered! Awesome find, eyec....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back