Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Service stopping on NT4 SP6a w/ MDAC 2.1..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dilyias

Programmer
May 8, 2001
US
Hello,

For no apparent reason IIS seems to hang every once in a while, sometimes more than once a day. Sometimes I can't even get into the MMC (it hangs) or stop/restart the web services. I believe that perhaps mdac 2.1 is causing these problems. Has anyone else experienced this type of thing before and installed mdac 2.5 to cure it?

Thanks.

I have a similar issue. NT 4.0 sp6a using latest mdac from MS. Sometimes it goes for 3-4 days and then BAM....w3svc hangs to the point that I have to reboot.

>what is the NT/IIS ==> Linux/Apache upgrade command again? ;-)

What type of scripts are you running on IIS? Do you have them runing as applications in their own process?

Where I work, we are using multiple SalesLogix EViewer scripts, each running in its own process. Actually one of them wasn't and that may have been causing the problems. Now when a script goes bad I simply shut it down (the com object in transaction server) and the server itself keeps working. The next time the script is called it automatically starts up. I've also noticed that during times of heavy load the scripts are inclined to bug out. Since they are now in their own process they do not (theoretically of course ;) hurt the webserver. We'll see how long we go before another reboot. Hopefully some of this info will help you out in your situation as well. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back