Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Service State: Off-Hook

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmynetstep

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2006
US
I status a couple of problematic stations and I keep getting the Service State: Off Hook message.

I have a Definity G3 Switch and Avaya puts this out on their support page:

The Connected Ports field should be blank if the phone is on-hook and populated if the phone is off-hook. A phone with Service State off-hook and no connected port could have a problem (
If I pick up the telephone on these lines, it seems that they are dead. If I call the number, then I keep getting a busy signal. I have called BellSouth and they are telling me to talk to our hardware vendor (Avaya). Avaya, in turn, tells me to talk to BellSouth!

This problem persists on 4 lines. What am I missing?

Are these something like POTS lines or lines that are programmed off the switch. 2500's??

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."
(Plato)

Have you tried to busy and release the station. Have you tried a different port on the circuit pack? By chance are the ports assigned to the stations on the same circuit pack?

mikeydidit may be on to something here. Are they programmed as old OSNA off premise stations?

Prflash

It sounds like he is using POTS lines as buttons for personal CO lines. But i am not sure.

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."
(Plato)

They are lines programmed from the switch. What more information can I provide for thorough troubleshooting?

PRFLASH: How can I busy and release the station?

Thanks for the assistance !! =)

mikey,

If that was the case he would have to status the trunk associated with that line if i remember correctly. He states he is statusing the station.????

prflash

Yes , I do the sta sta command to see the service state. At this point, I notice that all the troubled lines have the off-hook state but with NO connected ports.

Jimmy,

The command would be Busyout station xxxx then do a release station xxxx.

prflash

I was just going to ask you id there is a port assigned to the station. Conencted ports means that its talking to something. On the upper left hand side you should see a port that is assigned to the station is there one assigned??

Yes, there are ports assigned to those extensions. But those ports are not duplicated.

Tried the busyout command: wants the command in this format:

busyout mis

Dunno about that.

Your id does not have rights to busyout stations or trunks.

prflash

Jimmy,

Can you change one of the stations and put an X where you would normally assign a port. Copy the port information down then change the station again and add the same port. Then status the station and see if it iis on hook. Ive done this a few times and it has worked.

prflash

Their may be an easier way. Take a jask and wire it off your port. Then connect a set to it. See if you still see it as being in an off hook state. If you do not, then you probably have some cabling issues between your set and the port. If you still have the same problems, then you can have a bad station board. Try to wire these sets to another board and that should get you going. Also if these are regular 2500 type sets, then turn the test to "no" on the first page of the station forms.

(Plato)

jimmy,

Can you post a snapshot of one the stations that you have statused????

prflash

Here is the snapshot:

Type: 2500 Service State: in-srv/on-hook or disc
Extension: 6459 Download Status: not-applicable
Port: 01C0202 SAC Activated? no
Call Parked? no User Cntrl Restr: none
Ring Cut Off Act? no Group Cntrl Restr: none
Active Coverage Option: 1 CF Destination Ext:

Message Waiting:
Connected Ports:

ACD STATUS
Grp/Mod Grp/Mod Grp/Mod Grp/Mod Grp/Mod
/ / / / / HOSPITALITY STATUS
Awaken at:
User DND: not activated
Group DND: not activated
On ACD Call? no Occupancy: 0.0 Room Status: non-guest room

GAH! wrong station number!

Type: 2500 Service State: in-service/off-hook
Extension: 6549 Download Status: not-applicable
Port: 01B0212 SAC Activated? no
Call Parked? no User Cntrl Restr: none
Ring Cut Off Act? no Group Cntrl Restr: none
Active Coverage Option: 1 CF Destination Ext:

Message Waiting:
Connected Ports:

ACD STATUS
Grp/Mod Grp/Mod Grp/Mod Grp/Mod Grp/Mod
/ / / / / HOSPITALITY STATUS
Awaken at:
User DND: not activated
Group DND: not activated
On ACD Call? no Occupancy: 0.0 Room Status: non-guest room

I switched the port to "x" and then back to the assigned port..... still the same thing.

=(

Jimmy,

Display the station and on page 3 be sure that the line appearance= Call-appr. And also that these phone arent programmed as hot lines..

prflash

1st you may not have Maintain Station and Trunks (MST) permissions and that is why you can not busy yhe station. MIS is you CMS link. 2nd you should be able to just list the cross wire off the port at the frame of the switch and status station to see if it now shows off hook or like the snap shot you posted. Can you call the station? Do you get a busy if you do? can you go to the station and hear dialtone when you pick up the receiver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back