Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Service Pack Date ? ? ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitzysman

MIS
Feb 12, 2002
US
Anyone know an easy way to find out the date a service pack was installed on a windows 2000 server ?

Go into C:Windows and check the $NtUninstallKB810217$ modified date. That might be a bit of a dodgy process because you will have to know which Service Pack knowledge base it comes from.

There is probably an easier way, but I don't know of one.

Regards,

Pinhead.

Thank you for the response !!

I can't find that file but do see some like it. Is that the unistall file for windows 2000 SP4 ? Any other thoughts ?

Sorry, don't know the exact uninstall file for SP4. I just chose a random one from the list on my PC to put in the above post. If you have the install file, as you are about to install it, I think it tells you which number it is.

Sorry not to be more specific.

Regards,

Pinhead.

Here is a way to uninstall it. The link also advises the exact location of the above file. I think these are restore point files (archive files). It does advise not to uninstall using this method. Only for emergencies, but it does say the location of the file, which you will then be able to see the install date from.

Knowledge Base ID: 825062

Regards,

Pinhead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back