Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Service Pack 6a

Status
Not open for further replies.

GregC

MIS
Dec 1, 2000
US
During my first install of SMS 2.0 I ran into problems installing to a SP6a Server. I then read somewhere that SMS will only install onto a SP 4 Server. So I rebuilt the server with SP4 and it worked no problem. Now That I am ready to install SMS into production, I need to install it on a box currently install with 6a. Is there a work around that will allow me to install?

We have had problems with SP6 and 6a, Microsoft reccomends only installing these SPs to address specific problems. We are currently running SP5 and have no plans for SP6.
Next step 2K!!

Has anyone tried to install SMS 2 on a SP4 system and upgrade it to SP6?

Yes, we performed the upgrade here in our lab. No problems, runs like a charm.

We have SMS 2.0 SP2 in a lab environment installed to an NT Server that had SP6a at the time of SMS installation, and we have not experienced any problems yet. However, this is in a very small lab environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back